Anti- Siphon Sprinkler Valve prevents unsafe water from entering a clean water supply. The unclean water comes from shower heads or faucets. It is considered an important part of commercial plumbing installation which is joined to a potable water source. Sometimes you face the problem in the working of anti-Siphon Sprinkler Valve that causes leaking. To avoid the leakage, you will first tighten the screws on the valve and if valve requires replacement then you have to go through the following steps which are as follows-
- Stop the water supply – You can the turn off the valve where the meter is located. The water meter will be found near the road in front of your home.
- Saw off the Pipe – Cut off the piece of PVC pipe with a hacksaw that is placed into the bottom of the first sprinkler head.
- Anti-Siphon Valve – Purchase a replacement anti-siphon valve similar to the old one. If you are unable to find similar to the old valve, then a PVC reducer coupler can be used to match up an anti-siphon valve. Different types of PVC pipes are used by it.
- Fix couplers– Now you have to measure the height of the pipe as it was cut at the time of the removal of the old valve. Remember that the height of the anti-siphon valve must be higher than the sprinkler heads. To the top of PVC pipe attach the coupler. On the edge of the pipe and inside the coupler you can use PVC primer and glue. Then insert the piece of PVC pipe into the coupler after cutting two inches of the pipe.
- Install – The anti – siphon valve should be installed by applying primer and glue on The PVC pipe and the valve. Now on the PVC pipe press the valve fixture and in the first sprinkler head, the second piece enters.
- Switch on the water– Now test the installation by switching to the water.
By following the above-mentioned steps, you will observe that the new anti –siphon valve will not leak.
It is must to keep in mind that anti-siphon valve must be installed higher than the sprinkler heads. You should keep in mind that for longer time PVC pipe should not be exposed to sunlight. If it is exposed to light, then it will break. You have to paint the PVC pipe with many coats of silver paint if the level of it is above the ground level or you can keep it in the dark by using the metal pipe.
We have discussed the steps of repairing an Anti-Siphon Sprinkler Valve. It will help to maintain your WiFi irrigation controller easily and quickly. All these steps will help you in repairing it without any damage and further leakage problem. You can go through the procedure of repairing step by step with proper understanding which will provide you with the anti-siphon valve in proper workable condition. The requirements of the water for the landscape can be fulfilled satisfactorily if the condition of anti-siphon sprinkler valve is sound.